Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Puppy Love

Well, it's pretty easy to see where the term "puppy love" comes from. It is sweet, innocent and wholesome. The kids really enjoyed seeing the pups at 3 weeks. Charlie is starting to get used to dogs a little more and it shows in his confidence. Before we left, I looked over to see him sticking his arm in one of Don's kennels to pet Lottie, one of his sweet black labs. Three weeks ago he would not stand near the kennels.

Mary Alice on the other hand...was born with our black lab, KAVU, in the house. So, she is very affectionate, yet respectful to all dogs. She has been making her bed and sometimes her brothers bed for weeks now...all in hopes that we will notice and get another dog. Bless her heart. She has not idea that I have planned on getting a dog for months now. I think I am going to keep it from the kids and just bring home our pup.

Charlie is trying very hard to remain motionless for the sleeping puppy.

Here is my old lady favoring the females.

What a sweetheart.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Steve!
What a small, small world it is! I was on my friend Krista Bronniman's blog and happened upon Hacienda del Hirst... imagine my surprise when your picture popped up! You have a beautiful family and I loved reading a few of your wife's posts... your kids are adorable! I am glad I stumbled upon your page. Now I can keep up with your sweet family! Good luck with the dog! :)
~Samantha (Sparks) Allen