Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Beginning

Unfortunately, I am a 31 year old male. Which means that everyone my age will think I am pathetic for having a blog. Well, maybe I am and maybe I am.

I am going to put up some pictures and a little text of my experience getting a gun dog, a German Shorthair Pointer. I went with my friend Don to pick up his Dam, Daisy, from her weekend of breeding with the Sire, Brett, this past Monday. I took my camera and got a few pics of Daisy and Brett while I was there.













Neither of them had ever been bred so they were a little inexperienced. Don certainly knows how to handle a dog. Wow, that was an educational trip to Statesville, NC. I'll just leave it at that since Don asked me not to give away any of his "trade secrets". Well okay...I will say that I did not shake hands with Don at the end of the day.

Don is the owner of Hunting Creek Retrievers. His labs are outstanding hunters, and I am hoping his first litter of GSP's is too.

3 comments:

Kay-Lynn said...

I still cannot believe this is all happening! You bloggin...and us getting a dog! I do not even want to list you under my "bloggin friends" because i know a few people will think the last thing we need is a dog....or you bloggin :)

just kidding....

look forward to the journey!

GSP-Reprezent said...

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new puppy this summer. Good luck with your new blog.

Steve said...

Thanks, Jon. I appreciate the link from your blog. I'll have to return the favor once I add that component to my site.